When it comes to SMM (Social Media Marketing), Social media is more than just a buzzword. There are opportunities and measurable results that it offers that can be of tremendous beneficial to businesses of all sizes. Whereas Facebook and Twitter may be included it’s more than that.
Often, people get too caught up in the tools instead of spending time focused on strategizing on what social media can actually do. Tools are great if you know how to use them, but at some point the tools need to have purpose.
We regularly receive requests from small to mid-size businesses to help implement social media strategies into their overall social media marketing plan with a skewed viewpoint of what social media is and what its benefits really are. Social media is not a magic wand that you can wave about and instantly help you with that Twitter contraption and that Facebook thingamajig, or produce one of those viral videos to make your business look hip and cool because you don’t have the time to really be involved in any conversations.
It is amusing to hear the fear factor about the potential of negative comments being made about their brand or products or fear of being in a conversational space and having to deal with negative feedback.
If you have a worthy product, a detailed business plan, and customer service policies in place and willing to invest time, these are several things that social media marketing can do for your business.
Benefits that Social Media Can Provide
- Provide you the opportunity to begin listening to what others are saying about your business online.
- Allow you to have one-to-one communication with your consumers.
- It can be used to gather feedback & analytical data about new products.
- Brand awareness
- Provides channels to produce and distribute exclusive content that can be shared that in return extends the voice of your brand.
- Can be used to share exclusive information and offers to your loyal fans, followers, and/or subscribers.
- It’s an extension to your public relations strategies
- Provides platforms to build communities for your brand enthusiasts around your product and business.
- Offers opportunities that will bring exposure to your business.
- Provides potential opportunities for word-of-mouth buzz about your organization and products.
- And Much More!
This is a wonderful place to begin thinking about the benefits that social media provides and once you know what it can do, your next step will be building strategies to generate leads & sales in which we would be glad to assist through our social media marketing services by expert social media consultants.
Do you use Social Media Marketing (SMM) to help grow your online presence? Have you got any Social Media Marketing (SMM) tips and tricks to share with other business owners out there? If at any time you get stuck or need further assistance than feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.